Sunday 27 June 2010

Now playing: ‘Home’ – Edward Sharpe And The Magnetic Zeros (2009)


“Jade.”
“Alexander?”
“Do you remember that day you fell out of my window?”


You know when you buy a compilation album and a couple of tracks immediately stand out? Yes? And then you put it on again a few months later and a whole new song grabs your ears. That’s what happened here.

Apple’s Genius thingy told me that if I liked The National then I’d probably like to listen to this track from the latest ‘Counter Culture’ collection from Rough Trade. And it was right. As I walked from Farringdon down to Temple t'other night, I listened to ‘Home’ over and over. And then over again. There were tales of adventure and deep longing. There was whistling and tambourines. And a little bit of banter in the middle. I always love a little bit of Nancy & Lee-style banter in the middle. Glorious.

I loved the fact they’d sprung from nowhere that evening and I knew nothing about them. That’s how I want it to stay for a while. I refuse to discover anymore about them. All I need is this song. See if you agree.

Spotify linky:

No comments:

Post a Comment