Saturday 14 April 2012

‘Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo’ – Fairy Godmother (1950)


"Salagagoola,
Mechicka Boola,
Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo.
Put 'em together and what have you got?
Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo."

"Would you ever sell your record collection, Michael?" I get asked this a lot. (Note to self: Time for an FAQs section?)

"So would you?" Well, how do you put a value on something like this 'Cinderella' album from Disney’s 1981 Picture Disc Collection? "That’s easy, Michael. It’s $9.00 on eBay." Ah, but is that its true value. "Yes, Michael. $9.00. About £6 in sterling. Are you haggling?"

Well, to me it’s priceless. A gift from my grandparents. Featuring the wonderful ‘Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo’. One of my top ten songs of all time (in, fact, it's nestled at number 6 in my Melody Maker Reader's Chart from 1992). So I can’t imagine ever parting with it. And the same is true of every record in my collection. Even the ones that don’t feature singing mice.

Plus, I’m an obsessive compulsive hoarder, so the question’s pretty moot really. Next…

Spotify linky:

No comments:

Post a Comment